[meteorite-list] New Nevada / California meteorite finds

WAHLPERRY at aol.com WAHLPERRY at aol.com
Wed Jun 9 11:44:37 EDT 2004

Hi List,

I would like to post a couple of pictures of new Nevada and California
meteorite finds. The picture of the meteorite on the dry lake bed is 38 grams. The
picture of the larger meteorite weighs 1.282 grams. On the second trip I
recovered numerous fragments within a three foot radius of the larger find . All of
the fragments were found with a metal detector ,and additional 222 grams. Both
of them appear to be stone chondrites  but are different.. The smaller
meteorite shows metal/iron and chondrules. The larger meteorite shows metal/iron and
chondrules but has a brecchiated matrix and numerous chondrules are of
various colors and sizes. Geoff was nice enough to provide me with this great link.

 http://www.notkin.net/sonny/new-finds.htm

Sonny