[meteorite-list] re: OT: Transit of Venus

star-bits at comcast.net star-bits at comcast.net
Tue Jun 8 08:10:12 EDT 2004

Just back in from viewing the transit at Virginia Beach.   It had been cloudy for days here and there were low clouds over the ocean and sunrise.  It was about 5-10 minutes after sunrise before we even saw the sun.   The clouds made a great filter though early on, with a huge orange sun just visible through them and venus visible nake eye.   Great sight.   Glad I made the trip.

--
Eric Olson
ELKK Meteorites