[meteorite-list] Matteo War on the list

Peanut .. cj_peanut at msn.com
Wed Jul 7 15:42:47 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am fairly new to this list and to meteorite collecting in general. I think
a list such as this could be very beneficial to new people to the hobby of
collecting and dealing in meteorites.

Alot of very informative material has come through this list and I'm taking
it in like a sponge. THIS IS WHY THE LIST WAS CREATED RIGHT?

This endless banter regarding Matteo is ridiculous. I get emails in Italian
(No Offense, Matteo, I have nothing against Italians), I waste my time
deleting emails of people dogging each other repeatedly, it's such a waste
of everyone time.

I think Mike Farmer did a good thing by sending the initial warning. This is
where it should lie! Judging from the emails I have read thusfar, it seems
that SPACEROCKS at hotmail.com is instigating a fight here and it has to stop.

For those who are unaware, Please review the following:

General List Policies
1. Posts need to relate -in some way- to meteorites - Current Emails are not
longer reflecting this
2. Be courteous and professional at all times - Right, Sure........NOT
3. Do not post -private messages- or -personal attacks- to the list - Not
happening here
4. Please include the 'subject' of the post in the subject box
5. Send emails in text format, not -HTML-
6. Do not send emails with -file attachments- to the list - include a file
link - Not happening here
7. Make sure you can back up statements with -facts and references- - Again
Not happening here
8. Do not post -major advertisement- emails to the list - include a 'sale'
link
9. If you are posting a URL for a sale, include 'SALE' in the subject box

Ok, So could we all please just put the stick down (That means, Stop the
fight, Matteo) and move on to why we are here in the first place. To talk
about METEORITES!!!!!

Thank You!

CJ