FW: [meteorite-list] The non collector

Fredric Stephan steff at gwtc.net
Thu Dec 30 00:26:12 EST 2004

----------
From: Fredric Stephan <steff at gwtc.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 21:20:37 -0700
To: Jim Strope <jim at catchafallingstar.com>
Subject: Re: [meteorite-list] The non collector

on 12/29/2004 11:58 AM, Jim Strope at jim at catchafallingstar.com wrote:

> Stick around Tom!!!!!  Just because you are not actively adding to your
> collection doesn't mean you have lost your love for meteorites.  Spending
> money has nothing to do with the contribution one makes to the list or
> knowledge and enjoyment gained.
>
> I would much rather see this list populated by people who love meteorites
> and don't spend money than I would by people who spend money and trash other
> list members.
>
> Hopefully the New Year will bring happiness to all..............
>
> Jim Strope
> 421 Fourth Street
> Glen Dale, WV  26038
>
> http://www.catchafallingstar.com

Hello  List  Members :
 I  am  new  to  this  list  as  well  as  the  IMCA  List. Name  here  is
Fredric Stephan. I  live  in  the  BLACK HILLS  of  Beautiful  SW SOUTH
DAKOTA . I  have  been  lurking  for  a  long  time.
Watching  and  learning.
Odds  very  high  that  many  others  are  watching this  list ?
Time to  add  to  the  list  now  that  I  have  an  idea  of  the
behavior.

I  have  helped  out  in  West  Virginia ;  been  there;  Almost  as  nice
as  here.  haha.
I  agree  with  your  entire  message  JIM  S., especially  your
encouragement  for  TOM.
Hello  Tom .
By  the  way,  3  days  last  week  , I  did  Not  collect meteorites ; so
am  I  , therefore  a  non-collector ?  No,  it  all  is  a  matter  of
time.   Where  do  we  draw  the  line ?    Time. Information. Thinking.
ETC.
Tom  is  still  a  collector ;  right  now  a  collector  of  information
as  well.  Right  TOM ?
Once  a  meteorite addict ,  always................. a ......... collector.
Happy  Trails,
Fritz