[meteorite-list] new goodies

Christian Anger christian.anger at aon.at
Tue Dec 21 15:07:25 EST 2004

Hi list,

got my newest additions to my collection.

I think it is worth to share with you.

First I got that wonderful Howardite NWA 2379 from Greg Hupe.

You won't imagine how beautiful this one is and it has a lot of iron specks
in it. It attracts to a magnet too, like an LL chondrite.

It is the first time that I tried to mirror polish a howardite - and
the result is AWESOME !!

I left the other side raw.

for comparison see:

www.austromet.com/collection/NWA2379_cutside.jpg

www.austromet.com/collection/NWA2379_polishedside.jpg

the second is a partslice of the awesome brecciated meteorite

Nakhon Pathom (fell today but 81 years ago - Dec. 21, 1923 Thailand)

It is also worth a look :

www.austromet.com/collection/Nakhon_Pathom_front.jpg

www.austromet.com/collection/Nakhon_Pathom_rear.jpg

enjoy !

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year from Austria,

Christian

IMCA #2673
www.austromet.com

Christian Anger