[meteorite-list] Tucson Macovich Auction, Important

Notkin geoking at notkin.net
Mon Dec 20 20:37:29 EST 2004

Dear Listees:

Darryl Pitt, Curator of the Macovich Collection of Meteorites, has
asked me to post a message on his behalf, as he is no longer a
subscriber to the Meteorite List. For personal reasons (see below)
Darryl has had to cancel the Macovich Meteorite Auction, which was
scheduled to take place on Sunday, February 6, 2005 at the Tucson show.

 From Darryl:

"Instead of auctioning extraterrestrials, Darryl sadly has to return to
Israel for a court date on 02-February to combat the
'extraterrestrials'  who
have abducted his daughter. The Macovich Meteorite Auction will
reconvene in 2006."

This is for real. I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing Darryl good
luck with this very difficult situation.

Sincerely,

Geoff N.