[meteorite-list] new fall benguerir

aziz habibi aziz_habibi at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 16 15:13:56 EST 2004

hello list and all
as i  promess there is news ,
the benguerir fall is a fantastic fall , the most important lately, and i
can say the best one that fell in morroco,
this meteorite is a chondrite that has not chondrule  but only relict
chondrule that average 3- per cm2 ,
highly recrystallised stone and and have withe and gray clast , brecciated
monomict with rare dark gray shock mels clast, a  veined stone that has
hundred of veine,
this meteorite was affected by at least 2 major shock events: one that
caused extensive brecciation, localized melting and minor shock veining
followed by annealing and a second shock event that imparted heavy
undulatory extinction in olivine
This stone has a beautiful white, sugary interior , together with shock melt
  veins and clasts.
the studies are in progerss in abaout three labs .
i can say that this  meteorite is an ll6 breccia , and this what i had say
the first time i have seen it . but could  be also something else. but ,far
more beautfull than any fall i have seen.
abaout the stone recovred in morroco most of them are broken and we can see
oriontation in most of them in the crust.
the local people believing that this meteorite sell with gr has broken it
deviding it  between the finders, so the compleat stone are very rare .
the tkw is becoming abaout 15 kilos for now not taking in consederation what
the moorocan musuem has take.
we can not say that there is more now because most of the feilds are farmers
and already rained many time they pass there with the tarcteurs and many
stone have been damaged.
im my modest opinion i  think that this meteorite is the most beautifull
fall i have seen in my hand
i will post later photo of  interior of the stone and thinsection

all the best
aziz