[meteorite-list] Ebay scam warning

Michael Farmer meteoritehunter at comcast.net
Sun Dec 12 19:29:41 EST 2004

I received some disturbing information today.
It is regarding the large flight-oriented meteorite that sold this week.
One of the losing bidders received an offer from someone in the UK who
claimed to be me, and who offered the person a second chance to buy it,
saying that he high bidder had cancelled.  Of course, this is not true, the
buyer already has the stone and is pleased with it.
This is a scam, someone trying to get a losing bidder to send money by
western union to get the item.
They are looking for high-$$$ items and trying to get the lower bidders to
send money. Luckily the person emailed knows me and confronted the scam
artist.
The email of the scam artist is balago16 at yahoo.com
Ana Dubcek
 8 Gainsborough Road
 London,E111HT
 United Kingdom
Anyone in London able to try their luck at cracking some thief's head:)
Everyone needs to give them a piece of their mind and get them out of
scamming meteorite buyers.

Michael Farmer
Everyone needs to keep on their toes as these scams are multiplying by the
day on eBay.