[meteorite-list] NPA 08-31-1792 Meteor seen from Glafgow (Glasgow)

MARK BOSTICK thebigcollector at msn.com
Sun Dec 12 11:42:10 EST 2004

Paper: The Times
City: London, Middesex, England, United Kingdom
Date: Friday, August 31, 1792
Page: 4 (of 4)

(News note is in a column of the paper, taken from a Scotland newspaper, and
noted as "SCOTLAND", "EDINBURGH, AUG. 25."

     On Wednefday night, about eleven o'clock, a luminous meteor, of
apparently great magnitude, and of a globular form, was feen from Glafgow,
in the northern hemifphere.  In its progrefs to the South-eaft, it affumed
an appearance fomewhat refembling a Comet, the tail of which was vifible for
fome feconds, after the body was hid by the horizon.

(end)

Another one of the like f-s articles.  I will take the liberty of using my
lower case f for the f like symbol, which pretty much looks like a lower
case f in newsprint.  As another or a couple, of members noted, it really,
just kind of looks like an f in nicer old books. I think general list
interest would prefer the "f's".

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com