[meteorite-list] Mystery object in photo

Ron Baalke baalke at zagami.jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Dec 7 21:46:31 EST 2004

> Here's a picture of the car with a familiar face.  This is something very
> rare folks...when was the last time you saw Al smiling;-)
>
> http://www.nyrockman.com/pages/peekskill-today.htm

Thanks for the link. I first met Al in 1993 at the Tucson show, and
he was smiling then, and coincidently holding the Peekskill meteorite.
I bought my first Peekskill fragment from Marlin Cilz just a few weeks
after it had hit the car.  Marlin also sent me a copy of the local
Peekskill newspaper.  On the front cover was a photo of the car with a
scientist showing the impact angle. He was using a stick - I believe
a yardstick - and had placed it through the hole in the trunk showing
how non-vertical the entry angle was.

Ron Baalke