[meteorite-list] Accusation of Misusing of NWA numbers

Michael Farmer meteoritehunter at comcast.net
Sun Dec 5 11:36:59 EST 2004

Rob, and Nelson, I went to Morocco and bought MANY kilos of NWA 1827,
submitted it to Ted Bunch, who submitted pieces to Washington, and France
and coordinated with scientists in several countries as at the same exact
time people from America, Canada, and Europe all got specimens of that
meteorite. All those scientists got together and studied this fascinating
meteorite and came to the final conclusion that it was a meso-c.
They all agreed that the pieces they all had were from the same meteorite,
and I was given the number NWA 1827, as paired with Nelsons, who it seems
gave his to Ted Bunch about 5 days before I did.
That is why I have used that number.  This is one of those exceptions to the
rule, and Dr Bunch saw to it that I used NWA 1827, so Nelson, this one is
correct, and if you don't think so, talk to Ted.
Michael Farmer
Michael Farmer