[meteorite-list] give your opnion on this plz-Shrapnel?

E. L. Jones jonee at epix.net
Sat Dec 4 02:16:45 EST 2004

Having lived and traveled Europe-- visiting old battlefields,  be it
remembered that this region was afflicted with 2-3 significant wars and
altered artifacts are all over the place.   Shrapnel tends to alter to
Campo like lumps.  Tilling in fields and stream tumbling can make them
very meteorite-like.  I am not saying this is an example but I have seen
similar items.

E.J.