[meteorite-list] Shapeless goo

Rob Wesel nakhladog at comcast.net
Wed Dec 1 15:30:32 EST 2004

Hi Marc-

I wondered the same thing and presented the piece to Dr Alex Ruzicka at
Cascadia Meteorite Laboratory. It is referred to as "dark inclusion" not an
adjective but a scientific term. Very little study has been done on them and
Cascadia was eager to get some samples from it which I provided. I have a
customer in Japan that showed some of his pieces to some scientists and they
bought all the rest that I have. One theory is that is was wet sediment the
rock sat in on the parent body, dried mud in the matrix as dark inclusions
are predominantly in the periphery filling voids and cracks. NWA 3118 is
high in TKW, hopefully more dark inclusions will be found.

Rob Wesel
We are the music makers...
and we are the dreamers of the dreams.
Willy Wonka, 1971