[meteorite-list] More lecturing produces panic!

David Freeman dfreeman at fascination.com
Thu Apr 29 23:12:08 EDT 2004

Dear List;
I just gave a one hour lecture about meteorites to the local archaeology
society group.  I had them all searching for the closest flashlights so
they could get a jump on the time before morning.
Seems most archaeology students have never been exposed to the
possibility of meteorites existing in the natural world.  They all
tended to confirm  my suspicion that if no stones were available that a
meteorite  on a playa lake would be used for a boiling stone by a native
american.........so watch your boiling stones as they may be meteorites.
    Meteorites may burn twice!
Best,
Dave Freeman
mjwy