[meteorite-list] AD - Amgala 1 kg on eBay and website updated

philippe thomas thomasmeteorites at wanadoo.fr
Tue Apr 27 14:12:07 EDT 2004

Dear List Members,

I have put on eBay this amazing oriented piece of Amgala weighing one kilo.
This stone is actually the biggest one of this fall for sale. We are selling this amazing stone
to finance our next prospection expedition in the Sahara.

Here is the description:
AMGALA METEORITE (Provisional Name), Witness Fall from Western Sahara.
October 16, 2003, 2.00 AM GMT
Place : Jbel near Oum Dreyga & Zbayra (~24°10'N, 13°15'W)
Ordinary Chondrite H? - Analyses are pending.
This new fall is actually analysed by the NAU & the MNHN of Paris. The definitive results will
be known soon.

This complete stone is oriented. Flow lines terminate in a lip that curves around a part of
the rear side of this meteorite. This stone is shield-shaped. The rear side is covered by
remaglypts.The fusion crust covers 99% of this meteorite and is black satin-luster. One side
has some impacts marks which show the color of the landing ground. There is an unusual
and extraoridinary mark (worm shape), certainly due to a metal vein or to an hard material
which has resisted to the ablation process. This mark is shown on one of the photos.

Free shipping worldwide with Chronopost International (Same as Fedex or UPS)
http://members.ebay.fr/aboutme/stellardust/

Thank you and good luck !
http://www.stores.ebay.fr/meteoritica

Also, I have updated my website and added some Amgala individuals weighing 1.12g to
71.32g. Please, have a look.

Best Wishes,
Philippe Thomas
http://www.meteoritica.com