[Granite-and-tumble] Music Info

Bill bill@thehubs.net
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 13:39:16 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C27519.6BAF54C0

Here is some good news for you Pavement fans out there....

Matador records is releasing a DVD and a classic pavement reissue on =
October 22.   The DVD entitled Slow Century will feature all their music =
videos, an 80-minute documentary about the band, two live concerts and =
bunch of other stuff.  This should be cool.

In addition for you slackers who never got around to buying slanted and =
enchanted (shame on you), Matador is reissuing it as a double cd called, =
"Slanted & Enchanted, Luxe and Reduxe".   I personally hate the reissue =
because it forces completists to purchase a mostly redundant album.   =
However, if you never broke down an bought the original, run to the =
store and get this album.   It will include all of the watery domestic =
ep, some live tracks, b-sides, and bunch of other stuff.    If for no =
other reason, buy the CD since it comes with a 62 page booklet filled =
with all kinds of goodies.

And for the thrill jockey fans ...

Another DVD on the horizon that promises to be interesting is Braden =
King's "Looking for a Thrill"   You may remember Braden King from his =
previous work, "Dutch Harbor where the Sea breaks it back, " a =
documentary about an Alaskan fishing town.  One of the most memorable =
things for me about the film was when I saw it at the now departed, =
Celluloid Moviebar, the score was played live behind the screen by an =
incredible group of musicians, including, David Grubbs, Michael Krasner, =
Charles Kim, Doug McCombs, and Darren RIchard.  But, I digress.   This =
film will consist of Thrill jockey artists and lots of other cool =
musicians talking about their favorite thrill jockey moment.   If you =
are a fan of the label or the bands on the label, I am sure you will =
enjoy this DVD.

And now a quick tear for the emo kings, The Promise Ring.  After seven =
years, five full lengths and three eps, the kings of emo are calling it =
quits.   Unfortunately, "this thing is now off".  Too bad, hopefully the =
musicians will move on to something new and improved.

Bill

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C27519.6BAF54C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Here is some good news for you Pavement =
fans out=20
there....</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Matador records is releasing a DVD and =
a classic=20
pavement reissue on October 22.&nbsp;&nbsp; The DVD entitled Slow =
Century will=20
feature all their music videos, an 80-minute documentary about the band, =
two=20
live concerts and bunch of other stuff.&nbsp; This should be =
cool.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In addition for you slackers who never =
got around=20
to buying slanted and enchanted (shame on you), Matador is reissuing it =
as a=20
double cd called, "Slanted &amp; Enchanted, Luxe and =
Reduxe".&nbsp;&nbsp; I=20
personally hate the reissue because it forces completists to purchase a =
mostly=20
redundant album.&nbsp;&nbsp; However, if you never broke down an bought =
the=20
original, run to the store and get this album.&nbsp;&nbsp; It will =
include all=20
of the watery domestic ep, some live tracks, b-sides, and bunch of other =

stuff.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If for no other reason, buy the CD since it =
comes with=20
a 62 page booklet filled with all kinds of goodies.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>And for the thrill jockey fans =
...</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Another DVD on the horizon that =
promises to be=20
interesting is Braden King's "Looking for a Thrill"&nbsp;&nbsp; You may =
remember=20
Braden King from his previous work, "Dutch Harbor where the Sea breaks =
it back,=20
" a documentary about an Alaskan fishing town.&nbsp; One of the most =
memorable=20
things for me about the film was when I saw it at the now departed, =
Celluloid=20
Moviebar, the score was played live behind the screen by an incredible =
group of=20
musicians, including, David Grubbs, Michael Krasner, Charles Kim, Doug =
McCombs,=20
and Darren RIchard.&nbsp; But, I digress.&nbsp;&nbsp; This film will =
consist of=20
Thrill jockey artists and lots of other cool musicians talking about =
their=20
favorite thrill jockey moment.&nbsp;&nbsp; If you are a fan of the label =
or the=20
bands on the label, I am sure&nbsp;you will enjoy this DVD.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>And now a quick tear for the emo kings, =
The Promise=20
Ring.&nbsp; After seven years, five full lengths and three eps, the =
kings of emo=20
are calling it quits.&nbsp;&nbsp; Unfortunately, "this thing is now =
off".&nbsp;=20
Too bad, hopefully&nbsp;the musicians will move on to something new and=20
improved.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bill</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C27519.6BAF54C0--