[DogParkList] Casual Contesting

Philip Alley pjalley at me.com
Thu Apr 12 22:52:02 EDT 2018

Hi,

The good news is with Don’s help I have MLDX up and running and integrated with JT Bridge, WSJT-X and rig control and have been having a blast on FT8 with 49 states confirmed in a couple of weeks running 7 watts and an indoor antenna.

The new wrinkle is that I am participating in CW Academy hoping to finally build my speed to a more functional level.  As a part of that activity I am encouraged to participate in some QSO parties and other casual contests.

I want to keep the logging in MLDX.   I see the Contest Window, the Contest preferences screen as well as references to Contest Helper and CabConverter.  I have viewed the video on installing and using CabConverter.

However, I am still confused (and I have studied the manual as best I can) about how it all plays together.

For instance, when a particular contest is selected in the Contest ID window of the Contest Preferences window what actually changes?

If I select the Contest logging window, how are the contest QSOs separated from the other QSOs so that CabConverter knows what to pull for that contest’s Cabrillo file.

I am hoping to try one of the QSO parties this weekend so any and all assistance will be welcome.

TNX
Phil Alley
AA2EA
Louisville KY