[DogParkList] Where's the Overview or Intro to MacLoggerDX Video or PDF?

Rick Hubbard (RHE) rick.hubbard.email at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 00:13:35 EDT 2017

Don,

Thanks for the note.

Thought you might like to know, BEFORE posting my request, I thoughtfully examined every video on the first three pages of the link you provided (because I’d already invested hours watching YouTube videos trying to understand MacLoggerDX).

The vast majority of the videos are “How to…” (some even have that phrase in their title), and assume prior knowledge of what MacLoggerDX does.

Using the first video that popped up in your link below as an example...

If I wanted to know “…[how to] integrate with the spotting network and my log” it would be great. However, if I want to know what MacLoggerDX does—and was less familiar with spotting networks (I recall reading about them in a study guide somewhere, but that’s it)—then this is not the video for me.

Before delving into the weeds, there are users (like myself) that just want to know “What does MacLoggerDX do? What functions does it provide?” We’re seeking a single, consolidated, overview, or intro, to the software…not trying to piece together bits-and-pieces of “How to…” in an attempt to induce a partial understanding of the product.

Please accept this input from a customer and your marketplace in a positive spirit intended to help improve the use and experience associated with MacLoggerDX: something’s missing…and it’s an introductory overview. Think of a product demo…”What is MacLoggerDX for the New Customer?” “What Can You do with MacLoggerDX?” “Did you know MacLoggerDX can do {N number of fantastic things}?”

While my situation might not be reflective of all of your customers…it is reflective of some of your customers—and I hope you’d consider my perspective as illustrative. As a full-time Data Scientist, System Dynamist, Computer Scientist, Strategist, Author and Professor…I have very, very, very (did I mention, “very”) limited time to thrash around trying to guess what MacLoggerDX does…or piece together disjunctive facets (e.g., all the YouTube videos) in an attempt to induce a consolidated understanding of the product. While I have the intellectual capability (e.g., three degrees in Computer Science), I absolutely do not have the time…after all, when I don’t know enough to ask a question…how can I get an answer?

Please consider creating introductory overviews for MacLoggerDX. You may well be surprised just how many customers will benefit.

Hope this helps. I wish I understood more about MacLoggerDX and—as a result—made better use of it…

73 de KI6VOS,
Rick

+1.415.624.5865