[DogParkList] MacMemoriesManager

Stan Olson k9swx at k9swx.com
Sun Nov 25 09:37:24 EST 2012

I know this isn't software is stated as unsupported, but I just wanted to pass along a bug I discovered today using the MacMemoriesManager software. I am using it on a Macbook Pro running Mountain Lion with a Yaesu FT-817ND. It connects to the radio via a PL2303 USB cable and sending/receiving data seems to work fine.

The problem I have is when programming 2m repeaters with an - offset, it does not store those in the radio as such. I have to go in via the radio menu and update it manually. I've tried pulling the data from the radio which has the correct offset into MacMemoriesManager and then sending it back, but it still loses the - offset info. 2m repeaters with + offset work just fine as do the 70cm + repeaters. (I did not try 70cm with a - offset, but could if you need more data)

Again, I know this software is free and unsupported, but I just wanted to make you aware of the issue if you didn't already know.

Thanks, 73!

Stan, K9SWX

P.S. I have your MacLoggerDX software for Mac and iPad and really enjoy those programs.