[DogParkList] Fwd: United Kingdom Apple Store - Bonus Offer - BEWARE SCAM

David Ferrington, M0XDF M0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk
Fri Apr 13 08:51:04 EDT 2012

This is a scam, luckily I contacted Apple with a question about it before providing any info - other than my apple id (didn't provide password, but have changed anyway).

Then we spotted it's the wrong email for Apple (actually my alternate address) and Apple confirmed it’s a scam. I've been a customer since 1990.

Long time since I've been caught!!!

73 de David, M0XDF

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Apple Store UK <ukstore at ukstore.com>

> Date: 13 April 2012 11:34:08 GMT+01:00

> To: david.ferrington at 2ndbracknell.co.uk

> Subject: United Kingdom Apple Store - Bonus Offer

> Dear Apple Customer,

> Apple is rewarding its long- term customers. Your loyalty for our products made you eligible for buying an Apple Discount Card. With this only 9 GBP Discount Card you will have 100 GBP credit at any United Kingdom Apple Store or on http://www.apple.com/ .

> <Link removed>

> ( You will receive your Apple Discount Card via e-mail in the following 24 hours

> after your payment has been made.)

> Copyright © 2012 Apple Inc. All rights reserved..

All men make mistakes, but only wise men learn from their mistakes -- Winston Churchill