[DogParkList] Configuring MacloggerDX with microHAM USB III?

Daniel Brewster dan at n2dan.com
Fri Oct 21 16:49:48 EDT 2011

Hello everyone, I'm looking for a little help in configuring MacloggerDX with a microHAM USB III unit. I have successfully installed the FTDI driver (version 2.2.16 from the FTDI website for Mac OS X 10.6 (although I am using 10.7 on the machine).

My prefs for MacloggerDX look like this: http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-hQhM2jr/0/X3/i-hQhM2jr-X3.png

I have changed the baud rate on the Icom 7700 to 19,200 (under "CI-V Baud Rate" (from the default of Auto) and have verified that the CI-V address is 74h and matches the prefs above. CI-V transceive is set to "Auto".

I have tried "No PTT", "Radio Command PTT", and "DTR/RTS PTT" - all with no success. I suspect it should be set to "Radio Command PTT", but am not entirely sure…

Just goofing around, if I select DTR and RTS and check the "Radio NOT Connected" box, the radio does transmit, so I know at least that the interface works.

I'm somewhat of a novice with the computer controlled aspect of MacloggerDX – would love to be able to figure it out, but clearly am missing something here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I did take a screen capture of the log as well: http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-NxzmfCj/0/X3/i-NxzmfCj-X3.png

I just joined the list this afternoon, so would really appreciate it if you would include my email address in any response – dan at n2dan.com.

Many thanks and 73,

Dan