[DogParkList] Possible DXCC errors

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Wed Mar 9 03:53:00 EST 2011

On 2011-03-09, at 2:01 AM, LB3SA wrote:

> I just had a QSO with E51JD in South Cook. In MLDX however he shows as North Cook.

E5 is an ambiguous prefix and can be North Cook or South Cook. Simply edit the call once logged.

> I also noticed that while my beam heading for Guadeloupe (FG5DH) should be around 270 deg from Norway, it comes up as 180 deg MLDX.

If you had looked FG5DH up on QRZ you would have seen that he has entered the wrong location information:

Latitude 0.020833 (0° 1' 14'' N)
Longitude 0.041667 (0° 2' 30'' E)
Grid Square JJ00aa

There is no possible way MacLoggerDX could know this.

73 de VE3VRW Don Agro