[DogParkList] Logging SQL Database and Version Compatibility ?

Phil Hystad k7peh at comcast.net
Thu Jan 21 22:46:56 EST 2010

I need to use my laptop to maintain my log database for a few days so I open the SQL database on my iMac via shared filesystem of my local network. I noticed that the data for some of the columns was blank, such as first name, last name, rig, and maybe a few others. Other data was correct.

I checked the versions of MacLoggerDX on my laptop (where the mentioned fields were blank) to the MacLoggerDX on my iMac.

MacBook Pro laptop version of MacLoggerDX: 5.22 (build 29)

iMac desktop version of MacLoggerDX: 5.23 (build 64)

So, I figured there was an incompatibility problem and I updated my laptop version to 5.23 (build 64) and the problem was fixed. (By the way, I only have a single instance of MacLoggerDX running when I open this "shared" file).

So, question: was this merely a version compatibility issue or was there something else happening that would cause certain fields not to be read and populated on the log display. They were indeed in the database.

I have another question. It seems that other information is also stored in the logging database. For example, I rearranged some of the columns on the display of my laptop version of the log and then when I opened the file later using my iMac I noticed that the new column arrangement appeared on the iMac as well. So, is the column display information also stored in the database?

I know these are minor questions but tonight I am curious.

73, phil, K7PEH