[DogParkList] The Speech Keyer works quite well

Michael Blake k9jri at mac.com
Sun Jul 26 16:57:42 EDT 2009

I have been using it this afternoon to call CQ on 10 meter SSB. I was
able to "scare up" several stations that noticed my voice change from
the "CQ" to me talking. It gave me a chance to PLUG MacLoggerDX on
the air.

Now it has just been a few hours since I promised I would quit bugging
you Don but I think I have a suggestion that others might find
valuable too.

When using the Speech function MLDX sends the audio to whichever
output sound device has been selected in the System Preferences
panel. MLDX V4 worked this same way if I remember correctly. Since
the DX Cluster Spoken Spots as well as all of the default system
noises also go to the default output sound device it would be nice to
be able to select a specific sound output device for the Keyer's
Speech function.

In my case I wish the audio to go to the microHam Digi Keyer (USB
Audio Device) but others will want it to be directed toward whatever
device they have connected to their radio for for audio output from
cocoaModem, MultiScan SSTV or even fldigi.

I will attempt to go back into a "no bugging" mode :)

Both the CW and the Speech Keyer functions are really appreciated here.

Michael Blake
k9jri at mac.com