[DogParkList] LOTW & eQSL

C. Griffin n1mie at mac.com
Tue Oct 7 20:49:44 EDT 2008

What are the chances of upgrading MacLogger DX to support direct
upload to LOTW and eQSL? There are several logging programs that
already support this, just none for Mac. Currently when I want to
upload my data it takes multiple steps: highlight related records,
perform export, launch signing application, run through steps to sign
the ADIF file, launch browser, sign into LOTW, sign into eQSL, upload
signed file to LOTW, upload unsigned file to eQSL. I can't automate
this with AppleScript because TSQL is not scriptable (at least no
dictionary).

Along this vein I'd also like to see a better methodology for
tracking QSLs. I use three methods for QSLing. I send cards, I upload
to LOTW, and I upload to eQSL. There are only two fields for
recording QSLs in MLDX, one for sent and one for received. I
currently use this scheme. I record a relevant date along with letter
codes ('c' for card, 'l' for LOTW, 'e' for eQSL). So if I've sent a
QSL via LOTW & eQSL today, the sent field would read "09/30/2008 el".
I use the same methodology for received QSLs. The problem is that
this confuses the award section and makes it difficult for me to see,
or sort for, or report on, where my QSLs are or aren't. In the award
section of MLDX, it shows that I have worked 52 states and confirmed
45. But if I look at LOTW, I only have 29 confirmed. I only have 34
confirmed on eQSL. And I don't even know how many are confirmed by
card. If I had separate fields, then the award screen could have a
filter mechanism (much like the band mechanism on the VUCC tab of the
awards screen).

Anyway, I love using MLDX. I look forward to it's continued development.

73,
--de Chip (N1MIE) FN41bn