[DogParkList] The recent MacLoggerDX review

B. Scott Andersen bsandersen at mac.com
Mon Jul 28 22:46:01 EDT 2008

At this point MacLoggerDX has over 50 reviews and an average eHam
reviewer score of 4.9.
N1MM logger, the hands-down favorite for contesters based on a show-of-
hands
response at Contest University last year also has over 50 reviews and
a score of 4.9.
That's a nice place to be on a scale of 1-5.

I believe that's about as good as it gets. At some point, when you've
got the product
in enough people's hands, somebody is going to give it a 4 or even a 3
-- maybe
for goofy reasons -- but they'll do it nonetheless.

We are all looking forward to Don's rewrite. I'm guessing Don is looking
forward to Don's rewrite being done! But, in the mean time, it doesn't
matter how many stars KE4YZN thought the program deserved; it matters
how many stars YOU believe the program deserves as it runs in your shack
(or on your DXpedition, etc.).

I, too, have lots of wishes for the next generation logger Don produces.
(Maybe I should dump those off to you in a private message, eh Don?)
But, it doesn't cloud my judgement for how well the current one
performs,
or how rock solid it has been over the last five years and all those
many QSOs.

My 2-cents.

-- Scott (NE1RD, happy MLDX user, author of Cab-converter, and
complete nerd)