[DogParkList] FW: [Elecraft] K3: An Observation for Struggling Brass-Pounders

David Ferrington, M0XDF M0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 03:06:54 EST 2007

It sure would be cool if MLDX (or future cocoa version) supported that.
--
I have never met a man so ignorant that I couldn't learn something from
him. -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer (1564-1642)

------ Forwarded Message
From: wayne burdick <n6kr at elecraft.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 18:13:27 -0800
To: Doug Person <doug at northroutt.net>
Cc: <elecraft at mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] K3: An Observation for Struggling Brass-Pounders

> I'm curious - does the K3 send the decoded text through the serial

> port where it might be displayed in a terminal program?

Yes. There's no third-party software support to do this yet, but all
you have to do is run a terminal emulator program on the PC, then send
"TT1;" to the K3 (this turns on text-to-terminal). You can receive CW,
FSK, and PSK31 this way. To transmit, you can send small packets using
the Key command, e.g. "KY CQ DE N6KR K;".

The K3 Utility program, which includes our download, will include an
ASCII terminal that does all this for you at some point.

For further details see the K3 Programmer's Reference, available on our
K3 page.

73,
Wayne
N6KR