[DogParkList] DX Cluster

B. Scott Andersen bsandersen at mac.com
Mon Sep 10 15:06:32 EDT 2007

The window in MLDX is a "terminal" window to the text-based service.
So, put the cursor focus in the window and type "help" to see help.
You will see lots of commands available for this system. The one you
are likely interested in is "DX" so you would type "Help DX" and it
would provide help on that given command.

> help DX
DX Announce DX spots to other stations on the cluster.
Example: DX 14001.1 A0KM Up 3
Syntax: DX frequency callsign comments

So, you could type commands like "DX" or "Filters" or "Show"
or get help on how to use any of these commands by placing
"Help" before a command.

The interface dates back to the old days of VT100s and Wyse 60s.
But, for this application anyway, it still works well.

If you are uncomfortable doing this within MLDX, you can still
access lots of these capabilities through DX summit.
http://oh2aq.kolumbus.com/dxs/

73!

-- Scott (NE1RD)

On Sep 10, 2007, at 1:21 PM, ltrranch at vtc.net wrote:

> I've just discovered the wonderful feature called "DX Cluster" on

> the MacLogger software. Can anyone tell me how you enter a "spot"

> after you have made a contact? Thxs Tom N7KCX

B. Scott Andersen | "Magic is real, unless declared integer."
bsandersen at mac.com | -- The collected sayings of Wiz Zumwalt
Acton, MA (NE1RD) | http://www.bsandersen.com