[DogParkList] sort order/QSO number

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Fri Mar 9 05:57:12 EST 2007

Hi Chris,

On 8-Mar-07, at 10:54 PM, EZ Rhino wrote:

> Over the weekend I worked a lot of new stations, and added them to my

> log. For some reason, three of these stations I worked are now at the

> top of my log, numbers 2, 3, and 4. The previous 2,3, and 4 are now

> 5,6, and 7. How can I get these back without deleting and re-logging

> them? How did they get there in the first place? If I sort by date,

> they go where they are supposed to go, but their respective QSO number

> is still incorrect.

The record numbers are not important - they are not stored in the
file - they describe the order of the records in the file - but you
can display the log sorted by any field.

By default the log is arranged in order of QSO with the last QSO
being added to the end of the file - but every time the log is re-
written it will be written in the order that you have chosen to sort
it in. The log is re-written when you delete an entry.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g P a r k S o f t w a r e L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com