[DogParkList] TS-480 and MacLoggerDX

Jeff Davis, KE9V jl.davis at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 08:13:15 EST 2007

I didn't have time to follow up last weekend on my success interfacing
my new Kenwood TS-480SAT with MacLoggerDX.

Happened to be at Fry's Electronics in Indianapolis last weekend and
found a Keyspan USB Serial Adapter (USA-19HS) for $39.99. I haven't
looked but no doubt a better price exists online. The serial connector
on the TS-480 requires a female DB-9 connector and of course the
Keyspan adapter DB-9 is male... So I picked up a gender changer too.

After that it was mostly plug-n-play on my G4 Powerbook (OSX 10.4.8).
The only snag I encountered was self-inflicted hurry. I didn't notice
until a bit of head scratching that adding the Keyspan adapter created
a new option for it in the drop down ports list under preferences
(duh).

Otherwise, great integration and MacLoggerDX continues to be my
favorite application on the Mac. Thanks Don!

73 de Jeff, KE9V
ke9v.net