[DogParkList] Notes from the skunkworks

David Ferrington M0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk
Fri Nov 10 05:12:32 EST 2006

I was not aware of the MacDoppler Gateway, I just watched the video - that
is so cool.

Does that repeater have an internet connection?
Maybe the one time I'd consider EchoLink as a meaning ful radio connection
(no flames please)

On 8/11/06 10:15 pm, "Don Agro" <dagro at dogparksoftware.com> sent:

> The ve3vrw satellite gateway got a new hardware addition this week.
>
> <http://dogparksoftware.com/mdpxgateway.html>
>
> The IOGear bluetooth serial adapter...
>
> <http://www.iogear.com/main.php?loc=product&Item=GBS301>
>
> This is connected to the TS-2000 satellite radio and can be 'grabbed'
> by any of the computers in the shack via the bluetooth wireless
> connection to run MacDoppler, MacMemoriesManager or MacLoggerDX
> without the usual tangle of wires and connections.
>
> It's only been in service for a few days but already it is proving to
> be a lot easier on the knees than climbing under the tables to
> connect and disconnect RS-232 cables.
>
> I've tried it on the Intel Mac Pro and the older G4 Power PC on OSX.
>
> No extra drivers are required - you just use the OSX "Set up
> Bluetooth Device".
>
> Set the baud rate and set it to a slave device with the dip switches.
>
> It does require the supplied wall wart to be plugged in to supply
> power but the range will allow you to control your radio in one part
> of the house from your bluetooth equipped computer in another.
>

> 73 Don Agro VE3VRW
>
> D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .
>
> email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
>    www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
>      iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com

Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons,
For you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!