[DogParkList] online QRZ

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Wed Oct 4 03:40:18 EDT 2006

Hi Greg,

On 3-Oct-06, at 10:53 PM, Greg Hemmings wrote:

> In Firefox I can type in "online.qrz.com"  and connect just fine
> through Direcway.  However, when I use the same url in "station
> info" it doesn't work.  If I choose free internet look up and check
> the same box under "prefs" it works fine.  My question is, what is
> different between QRZ working in Firefox  and not working in MLDX
> with no settings changed?  If one works so should the other.  Why
> does "free internet" work and QRZ doesn't?

A better question is why is the problem only with direcway customers
and no one else ?

I think the key is that the server is "online.qrz.com" not
"www.online.qrz.com"

Try "www.online.qrz.com" in your Firefox - it doesn't work but
"online.qrz.com" does.

I have tried a slightly different url syntax in beta 19 - please give
it a try and see if it sneaks through the proxy server...

http://dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX.html

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com