[DogParkList] Google Earth & MacLoggerDX

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Wed Jul 26 03:55:05 EDT 2006

Hi Terry,

On 25-Jul-06, at 11:12 PM, Terrence R. Redding PH.D. wrote:

> I wonder if, now that we have Google Earth, there is any interest
> in having
> findu.com for the mobiles out there with APRS.  Here is my path
> http://findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=W6LMJ-9&topo=8

I'll look into it for the new version.

> Also, now that I have v 4.2.6 I tried the Log menus - Look Up Call
> on WWW
> worked, Map Quest worked, Google Maps worked, but when I selected
> Google
> Earth, the program launched but no map appeared.  I wonder if there
> is an
> option or choice I have missed?

Make sure you are running the latest Google Earth (4.0.1563) and that
Google Earth is running before you ask MLDX to look for a location -
for some reason Google Earth throws out the first request on activation.

> I notice there is a latest version, or beta of Google Earth that
> has higher
> resolution images - I wonder if I need to upgrade before things
> work as
> expected?

Yes.

> Ah ha, trying it again just now I get a window that says I need to
> download
> an update.  I am doing so now - over a cell phone Internet
> connection in the
> bottom of Iowa - doggedly slow - 40 minutes for a 26.5 Meg download
> - so
> will try to report back later.
>
> Terry

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com