[DogParkList] eQSL Card Question & more.... MLDX

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Tue Dec 6 08:14:33 EST 2005

Hi Manuel,

On 6-Dec-05, at 6:44 AM, Manuel Alvarez wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> Is there a way to save the DIM settings on the eQSL Background
> Picture?  I've tried "Save" from the "File Menu" to no avail!  When
> I shut down the program it will always return to the third stop
> from the left!  :-(

No, they are not saved. It also will not be applied to the printed
image - just the one you email...

<http://www.dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX/Manual/Pages/qslpanel.html>

"The Background picture "Dim eQSL image" slider varies the
transparency of the background image, and if moved all the way to the
right removes the image entirely. This affects the display and the
emailed jpeg but not the printout."

> When the program first opens, the picture in the Control Window
> shows the NCDXF-IARU Beacons, 2 questions on this one:
>
> 1.) How can I get this back after performing a look-up.

I am not sure why you would want to, but but if you select "Clear QSL
jpg" in the Prefs Panel the picture will clear if there is no image
available for a specific lookup.

> 2.) How do I actually tune into these beacons.

This is covered in the manual...

<http://www.dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX/Manual/Pages/
schedulepanel.html>

just check the "Follow the NCDXF/IARU Beacons" check box ...
MacLoggerDX will time-synchronize with the international beacon
system. Choose your band from the Band popup and then whichever
beacon is active will display on the Map Panel. The beacons change
every ten seconds so your system clock should be set accurately via
the Internet or a GPS time standard. When you hear the beacon from
your radio - MacLoggerDX will display where that beacon is located.

> Sorry if some of these questions are not from a Ham Radio Savvy
> Operator!  I purchased this software for my father and I'm just
> helping him with the technical stuff and questions.

No problem Manuel, ask away.