[DogParkList] Re: UTC - 24hr format; log list editing MLDX

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Tue Sep 13 03:24:53 EDT 2005

Hi Chuck,

On 13-Sep-05, at 12:32 AM, Chuck Gould wrote:

> 1) I noticed that although the log has the time in 24hr format, the
> edit box for QSO and the field edit box (below log) both show the
> time in 12hr format. I personally like to keep UTC in 24hr format.
> I can enter the time in 24hr mode, however, in either place, but
> the initial data from the log is in 12hr. An option perhaps?

It uses whatever time format you have set in your system settings...

<http://dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX/Manual/Pages/controlwindow.html>

"Above the QSO Edit area is displayed the registered user call sign,
the call sign of the last found image from the QRZ call sign lookup
(which is displayed in the Image Well), the grid square of the
registered user and the UTC date and time displayed in whatever
format you have set in your system settings."

You can set the date format in the System Preferences/International/
Formats/Time.

<http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?
story=20050616181152442&query=24+hour>

> 2) I'm in the process of entering QSO's from a text log, and it
> would be nice if I could tab forward (or shift-tab) backward
> between fields within the log list. Once the basic info is in (and
> lookup done), using the normal entry mode, it's easier to edit
> frequency and mode (for instance) right in the log.

It would be much easier to use a db or spreadsheet for this.
Templates have been provided to make this quick and painless...

<http://www.dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDXDB.html>

> using 4.1.3b11
>
> thanks and 73!
>
> -chuck, WB6KDH

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com