[DogParkList] Re: Keyboard

David Ferrington 2E0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk
Fri Aug 26 04:14:01 EDT 2005

On 26/8/05 4:04 am, "dogparklist-request at dogparksoftware.com"
<dogparklist-request at dogparksoftware.com> sent:

> I had a major disaster two days ago with my G3 iBook. I spilled a cup of
> water on the keyboard of the iBook, and everyone can visualize the
> results :-(
[snip]
> Tommorrow, I'll head up to the Apple store to find out if my beloved
> iBook is repairable, or totaled. Those of you so blessed, hug you Mac
> and give thanks.

My son had a small party, they were in his bedroom. In the morning, I found
someone had spilt an allcopop (you know, sticky fizzy orange and alcohol)
into his original iMac K/B :-(

Well, I took it apart (needs a bit of Savvy, I'm sure as a ham you¹ve got
that) and WASHED it in water and a bit of cleaning with a cotton bud.
Let it dry and its as good as new :-)

Ok, I'm talking an external K/B, but my point is, there is hope. And if
Apple want to replace entire K/B for large bucks and you think rest of
machine is ok, you might consider taking it apart and letting it dry.

In fact, if it dries out, it may be fine as long as the electronics aren't
blown.

I know there are sites that tell you how to do that, just don't know their
urls.

good guck
73s

--
One can pay back the loan of gold, but one dies forever in debt to those
who are kind. -Malayan Proverb