[DogParkList] Re: A question...

David Ferrington 2E0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk
Mon Jul 18 02:57:51 EDT 2005

On 18/7/05 2:05 am, Bruce Van Houten <capvan at adelphia.net> sent:

> But...
>
> As a fairly new ham, I'm unsure exactly what some of these *do* or
> where I would use them. Would some amplification of their use be
> possible, either in the manual or when the new features are added?

I have to say I fell the same way Bruce and I'm still figuring some of it
out. I'm relatively new too, having got my foundation license in Sep 2003,
but its taken me a while to get going (other commitments) so I'm only just
starting to get into it more.

To be fair to Dogpark Software, a lot of what I didn't know or understand
was not really the province of Dogpark Software to rectify - after all, you
don't expect a new car's handbook to teach you how to drive.

I do think a little bit more explanation of some areas could help, but after
a while and a bit of experimentation, you can figure it out.

It would be really great if someone with experience could put together some
form of manual/book - "MacLoggerDX for Dummies" or such, which goes into
much greater detail. But I wouldn't want to request that of Don, because I
think that would take too much of his time away from other things, like
producing great software (I'm not up to writing something like that, but
will test/proof read if someone wants to give it a go).

Anyway, all the folks on this list are very friendly and helpful and if you
post questions, I'm sure there will be plenty of explanation.

--
Too many parents make life hard for their children by trying, too
zealously, to make it easy for them.