[DogParkList] New User questions. MacLoggerDX

Don Agro dagro at dogparksoftware.com
Tue Nov 23 15:37:25 EST 2004

Hi Roberto,

On 23-Nov-04, at 2:47 PM, Roberto wrote:

> Hello.
> I am a new user of MacLoggerDX
> 	1/ It is normal that some times appears the reference IOTA and CQ
> zone predecides of a question mark?

Yes.

<http://dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX/Manual/Pages/controlwindow.html>

"MacLoggerDX will attempt to fill in the CQ Zone and the IOTA number
for each look up, if the lookup is ambiguous then MacLoggerDX will
guess at these values and precede them with a question mark."

> 	2/ That memory needs my G5 to use the MacLoggerDX, so that I notice a
> slowness every greater time. It is problem mine, or happens to him to
> somebody but?

This shouldn't happen. Can you use top in a terminal window to see what
MacLoggerDX is actually using ?

Here is what I am showing...

   PID COMMAND      %CPU   TIME   #TH #PRTS #MREGS RPRVT  RSHRD  RSIZE
VSIZE
  491 MacMemorie   0.0%  0:39.48   4    82   124  1.03M  6.54M  2.81M
145M

> 	3/ I would like that the MacLoggerDX has supported the Callbook in
> CD-ROM.

This is not possible since it is not supported on the Macintosh...
<http://www.radiobooks.com/books/cbsum03.htm>
"Requires Windows/DOS computer with  option to run directly from your
hard drive. User-selected language (English,  German, French, or
Spanish)."

> Sorry by my English, but I do not dominate the language, by the way,
> exists the manual of the MacLoggerDX in other languages like the
> Spanish?

Sorry Roberto, but unfortunately the manual and program are only
available in English currently.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro at dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark at mac.com