[DogParkList] TNC vs Rigblaster Pro

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Tue Nov 2 22:45:56 EST 2004

Hi Peter,

On 1-Nov-04, at 11:10 PM, Peter Van Houten@Home@two.pairlist.net, wrote:

> I am interested in trying APRS and Satellite communications but
> apparently i need a TNC for this activity. I have a Rigblaster Pro
> that I purchased for a PC that has a defective sound card in it. Can I
> use the Mac's audio and MacLoggerDx for this instead of a TNC?

No, MacLoggerDX can control hardware modems (TNC's) but currently has
no software modems included.

The RigBlaster PRO contains neither hardware nor software modems and is
simply a switching interconnect box that interfaces your radio with
software modems in a computer:

<http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/tnc/2223spec.html>
<http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/tnc/2223sys.html>

Software modems for the Mac include MultiMode and DarwinPSK...

<http://www.machamradio.com/HamsAndX.html#datacom>

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark@mac.com