[DogParkList] MacMemories

Peter Van Houten retina@eyeexpert.com
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:26:58 -0700

Dear Don:

Love your programs! MacLoggerDX is great! I am a relatively new Ham
and am learning a lot. I would suggest writing your help files with a
lot more detail in the files (such as why and how it works) as that
would help the beginner. What is obvious to the experienced ham, is a
stumbling block for us beginners! I am figuring out how the Dx Spotter
works etc... These kind of things need more detail and examples. How
to hook up rigs to the computer and trouble shooting guide are some of
the problems I had. (I did figure it out however!)

I am also trying MacMemories on an Icom 706 IIg (using the microHam
USB connection) and it works but it does not save or transfer the
names. Can that be added to the program? I was moving memories and
organizing them into groups and the main data moved (I think
correctly) but the names stayed put at their original locations. I
would also be nice to be able to edit the fields in MacMemories rather
than have to use the Icom's text entry mode (cumbersome at best).

I have a small middle school locally (completely Mac based) that is
starting a ham club. I have erected a tower and will be putting a beam
on top. They are interested in trying to contact the International
Space Station and doing some satelite work. I would like to try the
MacDopplerPro. I am just starting to gather the info on what we need
in terms of equipment and antennas. Any advice?

Thanks again and keep up the great programming.

73's, Peter.
KG4WEZ

Peter Van Houten, MD
eyeExpert LLC