[DogParkList] MacLoggerDX and Yaesu FT1000MP RTTY

John E Bastin jbastin@sssnet.com
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 08:13:48 -0400

I use nothing but LSB RTTY on my FT1000MP. I'm using a RigBlaster to
interface between the computer and the radio, the FT1000MP generates
FSK internally from data supplied to the RTTY jack on the back of the
radio (actually, the MP converts the data to AFSK internally, but that
detail doesn't matter, as the operation simulates using FSK).

 From the FT1000MP manual:

"With FSK operation, the FT1000MP generates the mark and space tones;
when using AFSK keying, your TNC will generate the mark and space tones
instead. Construct a patch cable between your TNC and the appropriate
rear panel jack (RTTY for FSK, PACKET for AFSK). Refer to the pin-out
diagram below, and the wiring instructions included with your TNC."

Menu selections on the FT1000MP allow selection of RTTY shift,
polarity, and tone pair when using FSK with the radio.

I suppose the solution to this would have to provide a selection in
MacLoggerDX for FSK or AFSK operation, allowing user selection of RTTY
or PKT depending on their choice of mode and external hardware.

Hope this helps.

73,
J o h n   B a s t i n           K 8 A J S
              k8ajs@mac.com
          http://www.qsl.net/k8ajs