[DogParkList] MLDX QSL Labels and marked sent

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 11:16:55 -0400

Hi Barry,

On 5-Sep-04, at 10:41 AM, Barry Baker wrote:

> I do not wish to QSL every contact.

You don't have to - the labels panel only prints labels for log entries
with a negative QSL Sent field.

> Further, I only QSL monthly. Every one of my QSO's generates a label
> to be printed.

But this is not necessary, "The Labels Panel allows you to print labels
for all the entries in your log that have a negative "QSL Sent" and
"QSL Received" field."
<http://dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX/Manual/Pages/labelspanel.html>

If a QSO has been marked sent then it won't appear in the labels panel.

> Now after printing the labels I have the option of marking those
> contacts sent.

Don't print all the labels - only the ones you intend to send.

> I do not use all the labels, but MLDX thinks I mailed all the labels.
> How do I only send contacts I want to QSL to the labels pane?

Don't include them in the first place - if there are QSO's that you
don't want to include in the Labels Panel for printing mark their
"QSLS" fields with a special character like "X" - this will stop them
from being printed - or just use a "Y". You can use anything including
the date you send the QSL or a special character to indicate NEVER,
only blank or "N" or "n" means not sent.

It is very easy to enter these characters quickly in the log panel
using the character and the carriage return keys will automatically
save the change and advance you to the next line all in one step.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark@mac.com