[DogParkList] MacDopplerPRO X & ISS cross band repeater

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Sun, 29 Aug 2004 02:43:24 -0400

Use MacDopplerPRO X to work the International Space Station's new cross=20=

band repeater !

 =46rom the SAREX mailing list:

>  New ARISS Operations Capability
> 	=95 	Subject: [sarex] New ARISS Operations Capability
> 	=95 	From: "Frank H. Bauer" <ka3hdo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> 	=95 	Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2004 12:07:20 -0400
> The ARISS program is pleased to announce that the amateur radio=20
> equipment
> aboard the International Space Station is now operating in cross-band
> repeat mode.  We realize that many of you will miss the=20
> packet-operating
> mode.  However, cross-band repeat allows further experimentation of=20
> the ISS
> amateur radio system
>
> The downlink for this operating mode remains the same, so listen for=20=

> the
> station on 145.80 MHz.  The new uplink frequency is 437.80 MHz.  All
> frequencies are subject to Doppler shifting.  For further information=20=

> on
> working satellites and adjusting for Doppler shift, please review =
Emily
> Clark's (W0EEC) excellent presentation on AMSAT's website,
> http://www.amsat.org/amsat-new/information/faqs/Intro_sats.pdf
>
> ARISS is an international educational outreach program with US
> participation from NASA, AMSAT (The Amateur Satellite Radio Corp.),=20
> and the
> American Radio Relay League.  ARISS offers an opportunity for students=20=

> experience the excitement of Amateur Radio by talking directly with
> crewmembers on-board the International Space Station. Teachers,=20
> parents and
> communities experience, first hand, how Amateur Radio and crewmembers=20=

> on
> ISS can energize youngsters' interest in science, technology, and
> learning.  Further information on the ARISS programme is available on=20=

> the
> website http://www.rac.ca/ariss
>
> Thank you & 73,
> Scott H. Stevens, N3ASA
> Frank H. Bauer, KA3HDO
> ----

Version 2.6b9 of MacDopplerPRO X and the latest mode.dat have the=20
frequencies for the UV cross band repeater.

<http://dogparksoftware.com/MacDopplerPRO.html>

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark@mac.com