[DogParkList] MacLoggerDX record numbers

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:43:39 -0400

Hi Joe,

On Aug 13, 2004, at 10:10 AM, Joe Young wrote:

> I am just starting up with this program and I am making a few mistakes
> along the way. I have imported my log from a Windows
> program via ADIF...All the QSO's are there. Before I imported the log
> I was "trying out"  MacLoggerDX and I managed to
> write a record to the log...no data....just a blank record. After
> importing my log I noticed that my first contact was record
> #2 with a blank record being #1. I was able to delete record #1, but
> my log now starts at #2. How do I renumber the log so that the
> first QSO is #1?

The first record in the file is the header and of no practical use
except when editing log.dat in a spread sheet program.
The record numbers are not important - they describe the order of the
records in the file - but you can display the log sorted by any field.
Click on the column header to sort by that field - click again to
reverse the order.
Most commonly people sort by the QSO start time.

By default the log is arranged in order of QSO with the last QSO being
added to the end of the file - but every time the log is re-written it
will be written in the order that you have chosen to sort it in. The
log is re-written when you delete an entry.

<http://dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX/Manual/Pages/logpanel.html>

As with any other irreplaceable data you should back up your log.dat
file(s) frequently.

> Also, as usual with imports, not all the worked countries are counted.
> What is the easiest way to reconcile this.

Every valid call should belong to some DXCC entity and should count as
a country worked.

You can do further lookups to 'fill in the blanks' by using the "Update
Selected Log Entries" command in the Log menu.
It will add any further information it finds for each call. It will
only add information for fields that are currently blank.

> Is there a way to list "not worked" countries etc.

Yes, the AWARDS/DXCC panel will show this with check marks:

<http://dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX/Manual/Pages/awardspanel.html>

> Thanks and 73 de Joe, W6RLL.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark@mac.com