[DogParkList] Icom 756pro and PW-1 amp need help

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Wed, 26 May 2004 09:38:27 -0400

Hi Barry,

On May 23, 2004, at 5:48 PM, Barry Baker wrote:

> Anybody using these two Icom products with MacLogger?
>
> I have the CT-17 level converter, and had no problems with my old
> Windows set-up. I now have an eMac G4 running Jaguar. I have purchased
> some various cabling locally. I am having problems interfacing the
> CT-17 to the eMac.
>
> Would someone share their cable manufacturer and part number?

I have some options listed here that might help...

<http://dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX/Manual/Pages/cables.html>

The cable you need depends on whether you are using a USB/Serial
adapter which has RS-232 or RS-422 serial ports.
If it has RS-232 ports(s) you can use standard PC cables to go from the
serial port to the CT-17.
If it has Mac RS-422 mini din 8 connectors you need to use a Mac modem
cable that you can get mail order or at the larger computer stores...

<http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?
Merchant_Id=1&Product_Id=16154>

You also need to load the manufacturer supplied driver for the
USB/Serial adapter.

Hope this helps...

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark@mac.com