[DogParkList] MacLoggerDX Integrated CW Keyer (beta)

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Tue, 25 May 2004 12:21:39 -0400

Hi John,

On May 25, 2004, at 6:06 AM, John Seney wrote:

> My CW using the  microHAM interface works great.

Great! - I'm glad to hear it.

> Would love to see a cw memory file that I could load with the various
> issues that could be edited and recalled as I save them...

Done - cwmacros.dat.

> RST
> NAME
> QTH
> STATION
> WX
> etc.

The file - cwmacros.dat is delivered as default in the data folder, but
if you edit it and place your edited copy in your log folder - that one
will be read instead.
The macros in the file are loaded into the CW popup and certain
variables are substituted at selection time.

For example
"CQ CQ CQ DE @MYCALL"
becomes
"CQ CQ CQ DE VE3VRW"

and
"@QSOCALL DE @MYCALL RST @RST PWR @PWR K"
becomes
"G4YIT DE VE3VRW RST 59 PWR 50 K"

and
"NAME HR IS @MYNAME, QTH IS @MYQTH K"
becomes
"NAME HR IS Don Agro, QTH IS Toronto, ON K"

> and also would like a large type ahead buffer for general QSO and rag
> chews.

Currently we are limited to 255 characters, but I have increased the
text edit window size.

> Would be nice if the buffer, as playing, didn't capture all attention
> so could
> use other programs while it was playing out.

I  have made the dialog modeless so you can leave it up while you do
other things within MLDX or other programs - but while it is sending
the CW it dominates MLDX so as to ensure proper timing of the CW.

The beta with these changes is here:

<ftp://dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX3.9.5b15.sit>

The manual page is here:

<http://dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX/Manual/Pages/cwkeyer.html>

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark@mac.com