[DogParkList] MacLoggerDX microHAM interface problems

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Fri, 16 Apr 2004 22:52:31 -0400

Hi Ron,

On Apr 16, 2004, at 10:38 PM, Ron Calhoun wrote:

> I just received the microHAM USB interface, got it all hooked up, and
> have a major problem.
> Setup is 12" G4 PowerBook, 10.3.3, 756 Pro, MacLoggerDX v 3.9.3b9, and
> the microHAM interface.
> I downloaded the latest OSX driver from microHAM's website & installed
> it. Hooked everything up, and the software and rig communicate. The
> problem is, when I select the USB port in MacLoggerDX prefs, the 756
> Pro immediately goes into transmit. If I de-select the port, the Pro
> goes back to receive.

MacLoggerDX does not generate CW nor does it key the radio PTT except
through the use of the "TX!" button which sends a command through the
serial port to radios that support such commands rather than using the
RS-232 control lines to directly key the PTT. MacLoggerDX will work
with the microHAM USB interfaces - I have one here that I have run
successfully with an FT-817 under both OS9 and OSX.

I suggest you disconnect everything between the microHAM USB interface
and the 756 except for the 3.5mm (1/8") mono plug going to the CI-V
Remote Jack on the back of the 756 Pro. This will allow the computer to
control the 756 and stop the keying of the rig you are seeing.

Let me know if this helps.

> Thanks
>
> Ron
> KL7XL

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark@mac.com