[DogParkList] Re: MacLoggerDX - filter and delete or update can delete unexpected log entries

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 06:32:37 -0400

On Apr 8, 2004, at 5:01 AM, E. Bracha wrote:

> I have MacLoggerDX 3.93b2 installed and was playing with it when I
> noticed
> that if you filter the log using the "search" at the bottom and then
> either
> delete one of the displayed entries or select an entry and then choose
> "Update Selected Log Entries" from the menu the rec# reorders
> beginning with
> 002 and everything in the log except the entried in the filtered
> display are
> deleted. I imagine that this could cause someone quite some grief if
> the
> filtered and displayed only one entry and then deleted that entry. They
> would then discover that their entire log was gone.

Version 3.9.3b5 now has a warning alert if one attempts to delete or
update with a filter active...

"Are you sure you want to do this with a
filter active ?  All log entries not currently
displayed will be removed from the log."

<http://dogparksoftware.com/MacLoggerDX.html>

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark@mac.com