[DogParkList] MacMemoriesManager v0.5 & TH-F6

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Sun, 21 Mar 2004 08:58:57 -0500

MacMemoriesManager v0.5 fixes a bug with Kenwood TH-F6 memory names:
<http://dogparksoftware.com/MacMemoriesManager.html>

Notes on using the Kenwood TH-F6 with MacMemoriesManager

Instructions from Kenwood:

"Information on how to program your TH-F6A from your PC.

The optional programming cable PG-4P is required, you will probably
need an adapter to go from a DB25 to a DB9. Why a DB-25 connector???
Answer is we need the DB-25 size for a circuit board inside that
connector for TTL. Try the Radio Shack # 26-269. The cable has to be a
STRAIGHT THROUGH, NOT a NULL cable.....

Before you connect the PG-4P to the TH-F6A, make sure the radio is OFF,
after connecting it please turn the radio on.

In the TH-F6A you will have to Press the Menu key first, turn the main
tuning knob to Menu 9 SP/MIC JACK 9, toggle to OK (to the right), and
change the setting to PC with the main tuning knob, and toggle OK(to
the right)again."

I have my PG-4P plugged directly into a male DB-25 Mac Modem Cable
which is plugged into the Keyspan adapter mini-din-8 connector.

You can test the entire connection from the Mac to the TH-F6  with a
terminal program like ZTerm:

Send "ID<cr><lf>" (without the quotation marks)  and see what you get
back.

It should be "ID TH-F6<cr><lf>"

Some people have reported that MMM didn't find the radio with the TH-F6
Packet Rate at 1200 bps, but did at 9600.

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark@mac.com