[DogParkList] MacLoggerDX and PIEXX Cat board for TS-940S/AT

Don Agro dagro@dogparksoftware.com
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 15:17:14 -0500

Hi Anthony,

On Jan 8, 2004, at 2:58 PM, Anthony Rodgers wrote:

> I have recently become the lucky owner of a mint 940, but without the
> IF-10B - does anyone have any views, positive or negative, on the
> PIEXX board?
>
> I plan to use MacLoggerDX, and any likes/dislikes/quirks of that
> particular combination would be much appreciated.

I don't have any first hand experience with the PIEXX TS940 Interface
Board, but in general, you might have the best luck using a USB/Serial
RS-232 converter like the Keyspan High Speed, rather than an USB/Serial
RS-422 converter like the Keyspan Twin Serial adapter - the cabling
will be simpler at the least.

<http://www.piexx.com/cgi-bin/piexx.cgi?p=ts940&cart_id=7774658.14161>

"The board is shipped with a 5' ribbon cable that connects to the new
board,on one end, and has a female DB9 connector (computer) on the
other end."

I think that cable will plug directly in to the Keyspan HS Adapter:

<http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/USA19W/>

73 Don Agro VE3VRW

D o g   P a r k   S o f t w a r e   L t d .

email: dagro@dogparksoftware.com
   www: http://www.dogparksoftware.com
     iChat AV:dogpark@mac.com